Make sure you’re ready for Spilt Milk 2018 with our survival guide!
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU ON THE DAY
- Your ticket – Make sure you’ve got your ticket with your full name ready for entry. You can show it on your phone, or print out a copy.
- Your ID – You will need one of the valid identification listed below to allow you entry into Spilt Milk and your ID will need to match the details on your ticket.
- CURRENT VALID AUSTRALIAN DRIVER’S LICENSE (WITH PHOTO)
- CURRENT PASSPORT
- GOVERNMENT ISSUED PROOF OF AGE CARD OR KEYPASS
- Debit or credit cards – We’re making life easy and taking a leaf out of Coachella’s book with a 100% tap & go event, which means bring your debit card, credit card, Android or iPhone (with mobile wallet enabled) and get ready to tap & go. Every bar, food truck and tent will only take payment with a Visa, Mastercard, AMEX debit or credit card, or your NFC enabled smartphone with tap & go functionality. This means no tokens, no ATM machine charges and no hassles! Cash will not be accepted at Spilt Milk.
- Sun protection! It’s going to be HOT, we recommend bringing a hat and utilising the free sunscreen available inside.
- BYO water bottle – We have multiple free water stations inside the event for you to use throughout the day. Help minimise your waste and BYO refillable water bottle. Just make sure it’s empty when you go through the security checks, and that it isn’t made from glass or metal.
For security reasons, bags are limited to 20cm x 30cm (around the same size as A4 paper) to one per person. Unfortunately, any bags larger than an A4 piece of paper won’t be allowed into the festival.
WHAT TO LEAVE AT HOME
There are some things that aren’t allowed into Spilt Milk which you’ll need to leave at home before heading to the entry gates
- Liquids of any kind
- Illegal substances
- Anything in glass containers (that includes makeup in glass containers)
- Creams over 110ml
- Cans, aerosols and metal bottles
- Over the counter medication
- Prescription medication without the label showing your name that matches your ID
- Vapes & E-Cigs
- Read the full list of banned items here
ON THE INSIDE
- Free Sunscreen – There is free sunscreen available at First Aid and Red Frog tents. You can find them near the Triple J Meeting Point or in between the Derbyshire and Basquiat Stage.
- Free water – There are multiple free water stations around the event site, including at the end of every single bar. Stay hydrated!
- Information booth – Need help finding something? Got a question that needs answering? Head over to the legends in the Info booth, you can find them on the map.
- Red Frogs – Red Frogs are on site to help you. You can find them roaming around the event and they have two safe spaces set up at Spilt Milk to chill out in or just have a chat. They’ll also have glorious free water and sunscreen available. Read more about Red Frogs here
- First Aid – Spilt Milk has highly trained medical personnel who offer confidential and judgement free help should you need it. If you or a friend feel unwell, don’t wait – head to first aid to get help as soon as possible. Find them on the map here
- Lost Property – Misplace something on the day? Head to the Info Booth to see if it’s been handed in
- Charging Station – There will be a charging station inside near the info booth, as well as in Sitting Pretty.
- Cloak Room – There are two cloakrooms, one for Sitting Pretty and one in the main area next to the Merch Tent. You can find it on the map here
- Merchandise – There’s a bunch of great artists and Spilt Milk merchandise available from the Merch Tent. Find it next to the information booth once you’re inside.
- Map & Set times – Familiarise yourself with the map and set times for Spilt Milk, save a copy on your phone here
- Getting home at the end of the night – There are free buses to get you home after the festival on Commonwealth Avenue, you can read more here.
- Recycling System – Hand your empties over to the Clean Vibes team at the Recycling tent and in return, you’ll get drink tokens! Read more here
- Market Stalls – We’ve got henna artists, glitter boutiques and more to discover at Spilt this year. Make sure you check them out!